rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine"/>

Sunday 12 February 2012

Transcription: Style Research Part 1

I spent some time look at different styles I could reference when it comes to design my environment for "The French Confection". But the first decision I had to make was whether I was gonna to have a more realistic style or a more cartoon style. And the one that I think would work best for the age range I choose (10 - 15 year old) would be a more cartoon style.

So I have been looking at the work of Pixar. There are a couple of their animations that actually take place in Paris. Like the likes of

Ratatouille (2007)




Some concept art






Cars 2







There is just something about the colour palette that they have used in both films that make me feel like Paris for me. I think that this is something I should think about using in my own project when it comes to design and colour palette.


I know that it is not a Pixar animation but I recently went to see Monsters In Paris. It was amazing in terms of art direction, style and story. It is exactly the direction I was thinking about going in terms of the environments which are simply but with enough detail.

  

I think that having a cartoon style for my environment would work best for the story and the age range. Something that I am definitely sure about is the colour palette that I want to use inspired by these films.

No comments:

Post a Comment